The Western Wards Gazette is the on-line newspaper for Locks Heath, Warsash, Whiteley, Sarisbury, Titchfield, Park Gate and Titchfield Common.
We are a traditional newspaper with separate sections for different geographical parts of our community as well as for business, sport, culture and community news.
From our newsroom in Sarisbury Green we cover the stories that matter to people living in our area – so sometimes that includes stories from Fareham, Portsmouth, Southampton and the rest of Hampshire and the south.
There are around 40,000 people living in the area we cover and our stories often feature:
- The 11 state schools and several independent schools in our area
- The M27 motorway that cuts the patch in two
- The beautiful countryside of the Hamble River, Holly Hill Woodland Park, Swanwick Nature Reserve and Warsash Common
- The business and industry in Segensworth and the Solent Business Park
- Shopping in Locks Heath Shopping Village and the new Whiteley Shopping Centre
Our stats show that in the 12 months to the end of July 2013 we had:
- 183,746 visits to The Gazette site from 105,520 unique visitors
- 365,090 views of our stories
On average each month we are getting more than 30,000 views of our stories. That means great value for advertisers with rates starting from just £10.
- Advertising artwork can click straight through to a website of your choice
- You only pay for the times your advert is displayed to someone reading The Gazette
- Fixed costs – no extras or surprise add-ons
- Your advert is automatically switched off when you have reached your agreed budget
Call us if you want to reach a big audience of people in the catchment area half way between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Is it worth it?
Well, in July 2013 we had:
- 15,600 visitors to The Gazette site
- They looked at 33,200 pages while they were visiting.
In the 12 months to the end of July 2013 – we had:
- 183,746 visits to The Gazette site
- From 105,520 unique visitors
- Between them they looked at 365,090 pages of news and features.
That’s a great audience for you and your business to be tapping into – especially when the 2011 Census showed that more than 66 per cent of the population of Fareham is economically active and either employed or self-employed – that’s a lot of spending power in our area.
How to Advertise with Us
Advertising with The Gazette couldn’t be easier.
- Step 1: Call us and book a slot – .
- Step 2: Send us your artwork (or let us to design something for you at no extra charge) –
- Step 3: Tell us which web or Facebook page you want your advert to link through to.
- Step 4: Tell us your fixed budget for the number of impressions – there are no hidden extras and you cannot be charged any more for your advert.
- Step 5: Sit back and let us do the rest.
The Gazette analytics tell us our readers are almost all in the south of England and mainly in this part of Hampshire between Southampton and Portsmouth. Why wouldn’t they be – we excel at providing interesting, relevant and newsy content every day that is of interest to the people who live here or used to live here.
We have news from Whiteley, Locks Heath, Warsash, Park Gate and Titchfield Common, as well as important stories from Fareham, Portsmouth and Southampton that might affect our readers.
We also cover sport – from professional football to cricket, rugby, swimming, tennis and many more.
We are a proper newspaper with news stories – not just a vehicle for advertisers – and that’s what keeps our readers coming back for more
It means they see your advertisements much more than they would in a printed magazine where it might only be seen once in a month.
So, what’s it going to cost?
Our lowest rate is £10 and our highest published rate is £15 (VAT needs to be added to these prices). Rates for special requests – such as an exclusive booking of a slot, or sponsorship of our e-newsletter or specialist pages – are negotiable.
Click here to download our rate card
But our rates are simple and with no hidden extras:
- Leaderboard ad across the top of the site – £15 per 1000 impressions.
- Skyscraper ad down the side of the site – £15 per 1000 impressions.
- MPU rectangular advert – £14 per 1000 impressions.
- Banner ad next to the Gazette masthead – £14 per 1000 impressions
- Small ad space next to Leaderboard – £10 per 1000 impressions.
If you want to know what that means, where those adverts are on the page and what they might look like see our downloadable rate card by clicking HERE.
Still not sure? See our Frequently Asked Questions.
Want to advertise a job? Got a post to fill? Need someone local to our area? Job adverts are free of charge for August and September 2013. Find out more HERE.
If you are interested in advertising with The Gazette then drop us a line using the form below or give us a call on .